Wade Tractor and Adrenalin Powersports of Griffin, Ga. sponsored the eighth week of competition of Atlanta Motor Speedway's Thursday Thunder. Jimmy Wade and Melissa Wade, owners of the two companies, are first year competitors in the Tanger Outlet Center Masters and McDonough Hospitality and Tourism Chargers divisions respectively, and they are thrilled to be involved with the summer racing series.
Daniel Moore led the field to the start for the Back Yard Burgers Semi-Pro feature. On lap one, Ryan Gandee took the lead. No one could get close to Gandee's rear bumper; he won the event by three car lengths. It was his third win of the season.
The Tanger Outlet Centers Masters feature began with Robert Spence as the leader. He overcame several challenges to win his first feature of the season.
Ty Dillon was the pole sitter for the McDonough Hospitality and Tourism Chargers feature. Will Hannah was on Dillon's rear lap after lap, but was unable to pass for the win. Dillon collected his first win in three starts at AMS this summer.
Brian Meredith brought the field to the green flag for the Pro feature. On lap one, Casey Tate rocketed to the lead. Beau Slocumb worked his way to the front by lap 11. Casey Roderick was glued to Slocumb's bumper, but Slocumb held him off for the win in his only start this season.
The intermission race was the always favorite, "Faster Pastor." The pastors entered this year were: Community Bible Church (Stockbridge) - Brooks Everett; South Point Church (McDonough) - Matthew Means; Carver Road Baptist (Griffin) - Tom Summers; Presbyterian Church of McDonough - M. Dudley Rose "The Racing Reverend"; Royal Baptist Church (Newnan) - Paul Dennis; Rehobeth Baptist Church (Lutherville) - Mike Barnes; Griffin First Methodist (Griffin) - Dan Brown; and Oak Hill Baptist Church (Griffin) - Steve Stewart. The start of the race was determined by what congregation donated the most food to be given to the Helping In His Name food bank. Brooks Everett of Community Bible Church of Stockbridge started on the pole due to the donations and he also won the event. Everett said, "It was real exciting. It was great to do. I'm really proud because my 'people' put me out front with their food donations."
John Deere Roadsters feature started with Justin Stauffer on the pole. On lap 10, Brian Weimer took over the race lead and never relinquished it. It was Weimer's only Thunder Roadster start this season and he claimed the win.
Ty Dillon took the green flag first for the Zaxby's Young Guns feature. On lap 15, Daniel Hemric passed Dillon for the top spot and the eventual win in only his second start this season.
The John Deere Outlaws feature got underway with Kayla Medley as the pole sitter. Jonathan Chandler took the early lead with Trey Maughan right on his bumper. Maughan and Chandler swapped the lead back and forth several times, and Maughan scored his third win this season.
Scott Hensley paced the field to the green for the Atlanta Dental Team Bandits feature. Kyle Plott passed for the lead on lap three. On lap 11, Hensley took back the top spot and led the remainder of the race to post his first win of the season.
Atlanta Motor Speedway's Thursday Thunder will return on July 27 for the ninth of ten weeks of Legends, Bandolero and Thunder Roadster racing. Next week will feature the second running of the fun-filled "Candy and Coin Scramble" with a Halloween theme. Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite Halloween costume to win a prize. It will also be an exciting night for the competitors, as it is double-points night, where drivers have the opportunity to gain some ground in the season points battle.
To test drive your own Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia director Pete Horne at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com.
Back Yard Burgers Semi-Pro:
1. Ryan Gandee (McDonough), 2. Billy Fulson (Brooks), 3. Taylor Hull (Winston), 4. Max Gresham (Milner), 5. Kyle Lowrey (Covington), 6. Logan Boyette (Pensacola, Fla.), 7. Brandon Dill (Mt. Airy), 8. Daniel Moore (Griffin), 9. Jay Cloud (Griffin), 10. Justin Stauffer (Gainesville), 11. Trey Ridley (Ball Ground), 12. Tina Johnson (Senoia), 13. Levon Kitchens (Macon), 14. Brad Shelnutt (Stockbridge), 15. Justin Swilling (Cohutta), 16. Austin Dillon (Lewisville, N.C.), 17. Matt Norton driving for T.J. Halsema (Roswell), 18. Tyler Chrisinger (Littleton, CO), 19. Eric Cushman (Stockbridge), 20. Justin Hurdle (Las Vegas, NV).
Tanger Outlet Center Masters:
1. Robert Spence (Atlanta), 2. Brian Weimer (Cumming.), 3. Skip Nichols (Albany), 4. Mark Wallace driving for Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 5. Keith Breasbois (Gainesville), 6. Wade Brewer (Hampton), 7. Johnny Rucker (McDonough), 8. Jimmy Wade (Griffin), 9. Bill Henry (Kennesaw), 10. Dwight Pilgram (McDonough), 11. Randy Thornton (Oxford), 12. Jim Daniel (Thomaston), 13. Sam McCullough (Atlanta).
McDonough Hospitality and Tourism Chargers:
1. Ty Dillon (Winston-Salem), 2. Jason Turner (Griffin), 3. Brad Holmer (Lawrenceville), 4. Tyler Ridley (Ballground), 5. Mike Conrad (Cumming), 6. Steve Fessler (Tyrone), 7. Melissa Wade (Griffin), 8. Will Hannah (Newnan), 9. Chris Siebert (Hampton), 10. R.S. Senter (Oakwood), 11. Leslie Cash (Brooks), ATQ - Jai Otwell (Bremen).
1. Beau Slocumb (Juliette), 2. Casey Roderick (Lawrenceville), 3. Chris Cable (Griffin), 4. Casey Tate (Locust Grove), 5. Kyle Fowler (Smyrna), 6. Bubba Harry (Griffin), 7. Jeremy Kalina (Griffin), 8. Brian Meredith (Locust Grove), 9. Ted Studley (Niceville, Fla.).
John Deere Roadsters:
1. Brian Weimer (Cumming), 2. Dwight Pilgram for Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 3. Justin Stauffer (Gainesville), 4. Jim Gresham (Stockbridge), 5. Paige Monette (Alpharetta), 6. Zach Monette (Alpharetta), 7. Dale Akridge (Lilburn).
Zaxby's Young Guns:
1. Daniel Hemric (Kannapolis, N.C.), 2. Ty Dillon (Winston-Salem), 3. Blake Eden (Deland, Fla.), 4. Matthew Stover (Gastonia, N.C.), 5. Austin Hill (Winston), 6. Currie Pierce (Griffin), 7. Jordan Coker (Powder Springs), 8. Zac Kittle (Watkinsville), 9. Rawlin West (Locust Grove), 10. Stan Hammons (Milner), 11. Robby Dunlap (Newnan), 12. Ty Bennett (Loganville), 13. Dustyn Cunningham (Madison), 14. Tyler Armstrong (Alpharetta).
John Deere Outlaws:
1. Trey Maughan (Knoxville, Tenn.), 2. Jonathan Chandler (Fayetteville), 3. Kyle Kitchens (Hampton), 4. James Caldwell (McDonough), 5. Kayla Medley (Alpharetta).
Atlanta Dental Team Bandits:
1. Scott Hensley (Olive Branch, MS), 2. Kyle Plott (Marietta), 3. Cody Blackburn (Stanley, N.C.), 4. Evan Swilling (Cohutta), 5. Ronnie Bassett (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 6. Joseph Pilato (Cropwell, Ala.), 7. Kyle Benjamin (Simpsonville, S.C.), 8. Mason Massey (Winston), 9. Evan Bell (Buford), 10. Matt Dooley (Brooks), 11. Tyler Pennington (Winston), 12. Dylan Ames (Harvest, Ala.), 13. Judson Kittle (Watkinsville), 14. Chris Achenbach (Douglasville), 15. Blake Leuth (Tuscon, AZ), 16. Jordan Rogers (Thomaston), 17. Tanner Adkinson (Tallahassee, Fla.), 18. Charlie Gresham (Milner), 19. J.D. Farlow (Grantville), 20. Maxx Bennett (Zephyrills, Fla.), 21. Zach McLean (Hermitage, Tenn.).