A random draw after the heat races inverted the top four qualifiers in each division for the feature event and the division points leader was relegated to start in the fifth row.
The Zaxby's Bandits division began with Kyle Benjamin on the pole. On lap three, Davey Matthews took over the top spot. Last week's winner and current points leader, Evan Bell, was on Matthews bumper lap after lap. After contact between Bell and Matthews, Mason Massey passed them both on lap six. Bell bumped Massey allowing Matthews to take over the lead again and the eventual checkered flag.
Prior to the Curry's Collision Center Chargers feature, a local resident wanted to partake in the nightly activities, but unfortunately, his safety was in jeopardy. The AMS operations department had to escort a squirrel off the frontstretch racing surface before the racing could continue, while amusing the crowd.
Cameron Michael brought the field to the green for the Curry's Collision Center Chargers feature. Michael drove away from the field with a half straightaway lead. Despite a late-race challenge, Michael earned his first win of the summer.
The Back Yard Burgers Roadsters race had Brian Weimer on the point. Weimer let the rest of the field battle behind him, while he sailed away from them. Weimer improved his second-place finish last week to a victory tonight.
The Greencastle Dental Young Guns and Morley Company Outlaws divisions ran in a combined class tonight with Ronnie Bassett, Jr. out front. Bassett got loose off turn two on lap two allowing Young Gun and last week's runner-up finisher Scott Hensley to become the race leader. Hensley took advantage of the top spot and put some distance between he and the rest of his challengers to capture the win. Darrell Banks was the highest finishing Outlaw.
Jeff Haynie paced the field to the start for the Tanger Outlet Center Masters race. Haynie ran a great race, pulling away from the field. In his six-years of Thursday Thunder competition, Haynie was able to snare his first Thursday Thunder victory.
The Adrenalin Powersports Pro division started with Taylor Hull as the pole sitter. Week one runner up Hull took advantage of the front row starting position and checked out from the rest of the competitors. Hull logged his second career Semi-Pro Thursday Thunder win.
Chase Moody took the green flag to begin the Fuddruckers Semi-Pro feature. Justin Swilling drove up to the back bumper of Moody and never let up. On lap 15, Swilling drove deep into turn one and made an inside pass to take over the lead from Moody. Zac Kittle hit Swilling driving into turn four, causing both of them to crash. The caution was brought out and both competitors were sent to the rear of the field. Point leader, Matt Stover, assumed the race lead with three-laps to go and recorded the win.
Atlanta Motor Speedway's Thursday Thunder will return on June 14 for the third of 10 weeks of Legends, Bandolero and Thunder Roadster racing. Next week will feature the HomeLife Communities Mascot night where all the major Atlanta sports mascots will race each other in a golf cart race during intermission.
To test drive your own Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia director Pete Horne at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com.
1. Davey Matthews (Douglasville), 2. Mason Massey (Winston), 3. Evan Bell (Buford), 4. Kyle Benjamin (Simpsonville, S.C.), 5. Evan Swilling (Cohutta), 6. Kyle Plott (Marietta), 7. Critter Saile (Casselberry), 8. Charlie Gresham (Milner), 9. Justin Thomas (Woodstock), 10. Dillon Bassett (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 11. .D. Farlow (Grantville), 12. Grant Crane (Zebulon), 13. Jacob Wallace (Griffin), 14. Tanner Adkinson (Tallahassee, Fla.), 15. Colton Hill (Collierville, Tenn.), 16. Alex Coffey (McDonough), 17. Matt Dooley (Brooks), 18. Brady Boswell (Watkinsville), 19. Chase Elliott (Blairsville).
Curry's Collision Center Chargers:
1. Cameron Michael (Buckhead), 2. Currie Pierce (Griffin), 3. Kyle Kitchens (Hampton), 4. Jai Otwell (Bremen), 5. Fred Miles (Alpharetta), 6. Stuart Wilkerson (Columbus), 7. Alex Roberts (Monroe), 8. Leslie Cash (Brooks), 9. Melissa Wade (Griffin), 10. Zach Weaver (Phenix City, Ala.), 11. Jusdon Kittle (Watkinsville), 12. Chris Bowie (Douglasville), 13. Mike Weed (Franklin), 14. Tyler Armstrong (Fayetteville).
Back Yard Burgers Roadsters:
1. Brian Weimer (Cumming), 2. Dwight Pilgram (McDonough), 3. Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 4. Johnny Rucker (McDonough), 6. Jim Gresham (Stockbridge), 6. Paige Monette (Alpharetta).
Greencastle Dental Young Guns:
1. Scott Hensley (Olive Branch, MS), 2. Blake Eden (Deland, Fla.), 3. Ronnie Bassett (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 4. Will Prance (Canton), 5. Ty Bennett (Loganville), 6. Jake Armstrong (Fayetteville), 7. Rawlin West (Locust Grove), 8. Taylor Bryant (Juliette), 9. Jonathan Lybrand (Newnan), 10. Judson Kittle (Watkinsville), 11. Dustyn Cunningham (Madison), 12. Dallan Wortham (Woodstock), 13. Rasia Nadjkovic, 14. Joseph Pilato (Cropwell, Ala.), 15. Shawn Wortham (Woodstock), 16. Jordan Coker (Powder Springs), 17. Jordan Rogers (Thomaston).
Morley Company Outlaws:
1. Darrell Banks (Griffin), 2. Steven "Diggie" Bush (Seale, Ala.), DQ - Joey Keyser (Phenix City, Ala.).
Tanger Outlet Center Masters:
1. Jeff Haynie (Zebulon), 2. Brian Weimer (Cumming.), 3. Dwight Pilgram (McDonough), 4. Skip Nichols (Albany), 5. Bill Henry (Kennesaw), 6. Wade Brewer (Hampton), 7. Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 8. Virgil Brown (Concord), 9. Jimmy Wade (Griffin), 10. Randy Thornton (Oxford), 11. Jim Daniel (Thomaston), 12. David Wilkerson (Columbus), 13. Robert Spence (Atlanta).
Adrenalin Powersports Pro:
1. Taylor Hull (Winston), 2. Chris Buescher (Prosper, Texas), 3. Max Gresham (Milner), 4. Casey Roderick (Lawrenceville), 5. Billy Fulson (Brooks), 6. Cole Miktuk (Rock Hill, S.C.), 7. Ryan Gandee (McDonough), 8. Andrew Smith (Pooler), 9. Ted Studley (Niceville, Fla.).
1. Matt Stover (Gastonia, N.C.), 2. Jeremy Mullinax (Jasper), 3. Zac Kittle (Watkinsville), 5. Justin Swilling (Cohutta), 6. Daniel Moore (Griffin), 7. Chase Moody (Griffin), 10. Jonathan Chandler (Fayetteville), 11. Kevan Combs (Stockdale, N.C.), 12. Brad Shelnutt (Stockbridge), 14. Chris Seibert (Hampton), 15. Tina Johnson (Senoia), 17. Trey Poole (Pine Mountain), 18. Dylan Ames (Huntsville, Ala.), 19. Charles Evans (Houston, TX), 22. Kyle Lowry (Covington), Rick Geddes (Newnan), Eric Cushman (Stockbridge), L.J. Klemmons (Griffin), Austin Hill (Winston), Landon Bullock (Denver, N.C.)