The Fuddrucker's Semi-Pro feature began with Dylan Ames out front. On lap eight, Jeremy Mullinax dove to the inside of Ames to become the race leader. One lap later, Justin Swilling completed the same move to take the top spot away from Mullinax. Swilling jumped ahead of the rest of the pack, with a 10 car-length lead. Leading the remainder of the laps, Swilling scored his third win of the season.
Bayley Currey led the field to the start for the Zaxby's Bandits feature; however, Kyle Benjamin took the early lead. On lap five, Kyle Plott made the pass to steal the top spot from Benjamin. Chase Elliott, son of NASCAR champion Bill Elliott, dove to the inside of Plott to become the race leader on lap 12. Elliott's car was dialed in and he piloted it to his first Bandolero victory of his racing career.
The Curry's Collision Center Chargers feature launched with Alex Roberts as the leader. Roberts was the point-man for three-quarters of the race until lap 16 when Carl Chapman made the pass for the top spot. Chapman led the rest of the circuits to post his first Thursday Thunder win.
Dwight Pilgram started on the pole for the Back Yard Burgers Roadsters feature. Jeremy Kalina, driving for Jim Gresham, leaped out front on the race start. Kalina put a beating on the field; no one could get near his bumper. Kalina led all the laps to seize the victory for Gresham.
The Greencastle Dental Young Guns feature opened with Scott Hensley on the point. On lap eight in Turn 4, Dustyn Cunningham passed Hensley for the lead. Cunningham drove away from the field to snare his first feature win of the summer.
Darrell Banks paced the field to the green flag for the Morley Company Outlaws feature. Banks was the class of the field, leading every lap en route to his third win this season.
The Tanger Outlet Center Masters feature began with Skip Nichols as the pole sitter. Despite being pressured from behind the entire race by Robert Spence, Nichols was able to fend him off to capture his second win of the summer.
The Adrenalin Powersports Pro feature closed the show with Casey Roderick as the race leader. Roderick led every lap to log his third Thursday Thunder win this season. Roderick also moved past Max Gresham to take over the points lead.
Atlanta Motor Speedway's Thursday Thunder will return on Thursday, August 2 for the final night of the 10th Anniversary season where Legends, Bandolero and Thunder Roadster champions will be crowned. The first 500 fans through the gates will each be treated to a gift bag for Papa John's Pizza Fan Appreciation night. To recognize students heading back to school, next week features the world-famous Wheel-Standing School Bus, which will complete a mind-blowing wheel-stand down AMS' entire eighth-mile drag strip.
To test drive your own Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia director Pete Horne at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com.
1. Justin Swilling (Cohutta), 2. Chase Moody (Griffin), 3. Zac Kittle (Watkinsville), 4. Kyle Lowry (Covington), 5. Dylan Ames (Huntsville, Ala.), 6. Jeremy Mullinax (Jasper), 7. Austin Hill (Winston), 8. Daniel Hemric (Kannapolis, N.C.), 9. Jonathan Chandler (Fayetteville), 10. Matt Stover (Gastonia, N.C.), 11. Will Hannah (Newnan), 12. Trey Poole (Pine Mountain), 13. Jason Richardson (Grapevine, Texas), 14. Zach Zimmerly (Tigard, Ore.), 15. Tyler Armstrong (Fayetteville), 16. Chad Hackenbracht (Denver, N.C.), 17. Chris Seibert (Hampton), 18. Tina Johnson (Senoia), 19. Eric Cushman (Stockbridge).
1. Chase Elliott (Blairsville), 2. Kyle Plott (Marietta), 3. Kyle Benjamin (Simpsonville, S.C.), 4. Davey Matthews (Douglasville), 5. Mason Massey (Winston), 6. Evan Swilling (Cohutta), 7. Justin Thomas (Woodstock), 8. Bayley Currey (Driftwood, Texas), 9. Dillon Bassett (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 10. Evan Bell (Buford), 11. Matt Dooley (Brooks), 12. Alex Coffey (McDonough), 13. Brady Boswell (Watkinsville), 14. Charlie Gresham (Milner), 15. Justin Crider (Statesville, N.C.), 16. Nate Smith (Griffin).
Curry's Collision Center Chargers:
1. Carl Chapman (Norwood), 2. Judson Kittle (Watkinsville), 3. Currie Pierce (Griffin), 4. Stuart Wilkerson (Midland), 5. Zach Weaver (Phenix City, Ala.), 6. Rick Geddes (Newnan), 7. Chris Bowie (Douglasville), 8. Mike Weed (Franklin), 9. Melissa Wade (Griffin), 10. Jai Otwell (Bremen), 11. Tyler Burnette (Jefferson), 12. Alex Roberts (Monroe), 13. Will Prance (Canton), 14. Leslie Cash (Brooks), 15. Fred Miles (Alpharetta).
Back Yard Burgers Roadsters:
1. Jeremy Kalina (Williamson) driving for Jim Gresham (Stockbridge), 2. Dwight Pilgram (McDonough), 3. Bubba Harry (Griffin), 4. Johnny Rucker (McDonough), 5. Paige Monette (Alpharetta), 6. Brian Weimer (Cumming), 7. Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 8. Myron Guyton (McDonough), 9. Justin Long (Haslet, Texas).
Greencastle Dental Young Guns:
1. Dustyn Cunningham (Madison), 2. Scott Hensley (Olive Branch, MS), 3. Joseph Pilato (Cropwell, Ala.), 4. Kenzie Ruston (El Reno, Okla.), 5. Jake Armstrong (Fayetteville), 6. Bryce Walker (Weatherford, Texas), 7. Jordan Coker (Powder Springs), 8. Jonathan Lybrand (Newnan), 9. Rawlin West (Locust Grove), 10. Shawn Wortham (Woodstock), 11. Ronnie Bassett (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 12. Dallan Wortham (Woodstock), 13. Blake Eden (Deland, Fla.), 14. Brett Hardin (Acworth), 15. Will Prance (Canton).
Morley Company Outlaws:
1. Darrell Banks (Sharpsburg), 2. Diggie Bush (Seale, Ala.), 3. Jerry Silvers (Calhoun).
Tanger Outlet Center Masters:
1. Skip Nichols (Albany), 2. Robert Spence (Atlanta), 3. Mark Wallace (Griffin), 4. Dwight Pilgram (Stockbridge), 5. Brian Weimer (Cumming), 6. Sam McCullough (Snellville), 7. Jeff Haynie (Zebulon), 8. Brad Shelnutt (Locust Grove), 9. Bill Henry (Kennesaw), 10. Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 11. Virgil Brown (Concord), 12. Jimmy Wade (Griffin), 13. Jim Daniel (Thomaston), 14. David Wilkerson (Midland).
Adrenalin Powersports Pro:
1. Casey Roderick (Lawrenceville), 2. Thomas Hartensveld (Ringwood, N.J.), 3. Billy Fulson (Brooks), 4. Taylor Hull (Winston), 5. Max Gresham (Milner), 6. Ryan Gandee (McDonough), 7. Jeremy Kalina (Williamson), 8. Andrew Smith (Pooler), 9. Brian Meredith (Locust Grove), 10. Ted Studley (Niceville, Fla.).