Fan Tips for Those Attending the Kobalt Tools 500 Race Weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Below are some tips that will help ensure fans have a memorable, exciting visit to NASCAR's fastest track, Atlanta Motor Speedway during the March 7-9 Kobalt Tools 500 race weekend.
- Gate openings - Various gates will be open each day for fans to access the facility. The following is the schedule with opening times and gates available that day: Friday (12 p.m., gates 12-15), Saturday (9 a.m., Gates 1, 2, 3 and 12-15), Sunday (9 a.m., all gates).
- Important Note: For its fans, Atlanta Motor Speedway provides a free shuttle and tram service from all parking lots to each gate. Fans will be shuttled to their gate regardless of where they park.
- Nationwide Insurance Fan Assistance Patrol Program - The Nationwide Insurance Fan Assistance Patrol offers golf cart transportation and general assistance throughout the Atlanta Motor Speedway parking areas. This service is limited to the Atlanta Motor Speedway facility only, providing patrons with the ability to move to and from almost any area on the property.Patrons may inquire about any of these services at the Nationwide Insurance Information Booths located throughout the Atlanta Motor Speedway property.
Atlanta Motor Speedway provides tram service between the campgrounds and the entrance gates before and after events that will depart regularly from the designated Nationwide tram stops. Tram passengers under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Trams are provided as a courtesy service to speedway guests. Due to the demand for this service, continuous riding (joyriding) is prohibited
Campground tram route:
Runs along inner perimeter road. Through the and Legends camping area, with a stop at the northern entrance to the East Turn Campgrounds; adjacent to Entrance E. Trams will also run to Speedway Blvd. reserved and unreserved camping as well as the Mid-State Family Campground.
Infield tram route:
Runs from main entrance to the new tunnel along the road course.
- ATM Machines - Bank of America will have 12 ATM machines at various locations throughout the property. You will find ATM machines at gates 13, 14, and 15 (will call). There are also locations in the Champions, Earnhardt, Petty and Elliott Grandstands, as well as near the infield concessions area.
- Camping Guidelines - Quiet time in all camping areas is from midnight to 7 a.m. (except Mid-State Family Campground, which is 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.) Although we do allow the use of generators, we ask that you turn them off by midnight. Also, no flatbed trucks (over 10 feet long), flatbed trailers, box trucks, or portable storage containers are allowed.
- Traffic Reports - Traffic information will be provided by WSB 750 AM. Tune in throughout the weekend for the latest traffic news. Georgia DOT urges travelers to call 511 for updated information about road/lane closures or construction projects. Georgia 511 is a free phone service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide, such as traffic conditions, incidents, lane closures, construction, and delays due to bad weather. Callers can also reach live operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More information is available at www.511ga.org.
- Beer Cut-Off Times - Beer sales will conclude with 50 laps left in each race. For your convenience please be sure to make your purchases before this time.
- Outside food- While we pride ourselves on providing a variety of food and drink options for our guests, visitors are welcome to bring their own items if they prefer. Coolers larger than 14"x14"x14" and glass bottles are not allowed inside the gates of the speedway. Planning ahead will make your entrance to the speedway much simpler for both our visitors and security officers alike.
- Handicapped Parking Enforcement - Handicapped parking areas will be strictly enforced for the Kobalt Tools 500 race weekend and misuse could result in being fined and / or towed. These areas are reserved for those fans with a handicap, not for those who plan to use a friend or relative's handicap permit to gain access to these areas. The person who is the owner of that handicapped parking sticker is required to be a passenger in the vehicle.
- Ticket Resale - No tickets may be resold on Speedway property. This will be strictly enforced. Fans can also utilize TicketExchange, Ticketmaster's new online service that enables safe and secure fan-to-fan ticket transactions. Buyers simply select the tickets they want based on price and seat location, without having to bid against other buyers, without having to coordinate delivery from anonymous sellers, and without the gamble that the tickets are fraudulent. Sellers are guaranteed payment for tickets sold, without having to collect payment or deliver the tickets to the buyer. For more information on TicketExchange, visit http://www.ticketmaster.com/.
- Directions to Atlanta Motor Speedway- Directions to AMS, including traffic patterns and facility maps can be found by visiting http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/
- To Purchase Tickets - Fans can purchase tickets several ways. Tickets are available through the AMS ticket office by calling 877-9-AMS-TIX (877-926-7849), 770-946-4211, online at http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/ or through an authorized Ticketmaster retail outlet.