Fans and members of the local community are invited to enjoy a free open house at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 12 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The day’s activities will include a full program of Legends racing on the “Thunder Ring” oval, free giveaways and the opportunity for attendees to drive their car on the speedway’s famed 1.54-mile racing surface.
Admission is free to the off-season Legends race on the ¼-mile “Thunder Ring,” where fans can roam the grandstand seating area and personally select their seats for the speedway’s Labor Day NASCAR night racing weekend, Aug. 31-Sept. 2.
With any ticket purchase to the Sept. 2 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AdvoCare 500, fans can drive their own vehicle on the track following the conclusion of the Legends racing action at 2:00 p.m. Customers who have already purchased tickets to the AdvoCare 500 can visit the AMS ticket office to receive a voucher to drive the track. A payment of $30 will also be accepted for track drives without a ticket purchase.
Additional entertainment at the open house will include:
- Free drawings for a weekend hotel stay, Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride-Along certificates, Papa John’s Pizza gift cards and a Tractor Supply Company gift card, among other prizes
- Classic car show and Legends car display
- Coca-Cola Pit Crew Challenge Trailer
- Rock wall climbing and inflatable slide
- Opportunity to take photos with the Atlanta Motor Speedway pace car and a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winner’s trophy
- Tours of Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Race Control tower and suites
- Complimentary popcorn outside the ticket office
The AMS gift shop will be open until 5:00 p.m. and customers can take advantage of a 15 percent discount on merchandise all day, plus an extra 10 percent discount with the purchase of any AdvoCare 500 ticket.
For more information on the 2012 Atlanta Motor Speedway open house, visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com or call the AMS ticket office at (877) 9-AMS-TIX or (770) 946-4211.