Thursday Thunder's week four of racing from Atlanta Motor Speedway proved to be a night of exciting finishes with several features being determined by inches as cars drag raced across the finish line.
Mason Massey paced the field to the green for the Young Lions feature. Massey and Sean Rayhall proved to be the class of the field, racing nose to tail almost every lap. Massey was the victor, logging his second win of the season.
The Roadsters feature started with Adam Gay as the leader. Gay led every circuit to grab his first feature win of the season and third in his Thursday Thunder career.
The Morley Company Outlaws feature began with Riley Halverson out front. On the first lap in turn four, John Holleman made the pass for the top spot. Halverson and Holleman continued to swap the lead back and forth. By lap five, Joey Padgett made it a three-way fight for the lead. The top-three battled, swapping leads throughout, but it was a three-car drag race to the finish with Holleman crossing the finish line first. Holleman claimed his fourth win of the season.
Bill Plemons, Jr. held the pole position for the Masters feature and points leader Skip Nichols started from the rear. By lap two, Nichols had raced his way to the third position and had moved to second by lap 14. Plemons won the race by inches, his first Thursday Thunder feature win.
The OCP Angus Farms Pro feature had Taylor Hull leading the field to the start. Hull broke away from the field with a half a straightaway lead and led every lap to score his first Thursday Thunder win of the 2010 season.
Jacob Armstrong took the green flag to get the Dixie Home Crafters Semi-Pro feature underway. Coming to the second lap, Armstrong and William Plemons III hooked front bumpers and brought out the caution, turning the top spot over to Gregory Lang. Lang held on to post his second feature win of the season.
Woodrow Mullis was the pole sitter for the Marco's Pizza Bandits feature. Clayton Weatherman was the point man by the time the first lap was completed. Weatherman led every lap to capture his third win in three starts this Thursday Thunder season.
Thursday Thunder returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway's "Thunder Ring" on Thursday, July 1 with feature racing in all classes plus the Marco's Pizza fireworks show in honor of the Fourth of July holiday. Adult tickets are $5 and children ages six to 11 are just $1, while ages five and under are admitted free of charge.
To test drive your own Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia director Peter Horne III at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com. For more information on Atlanta Motor Speedway events, including Thursday Thunder, visitwww.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
Week 3 Results:
1. Mason Massey (Winston), 2. Sean Rayhall (Winston), 3. Kason Plott (Marietta), 4. A.J. Carlisi (Dalton), 5. Jake Cole (Kearney, Mo.), 6. Jonathan Lybrand (Newnan), 7. C.J. Husley (El Paso, Texas), 8. Cameron Hadley (Concord), 9. Derek Marquardt (Covington), 10. Anderson Bowen (Suwanee).
1. Adam Gay (Dublin), 2. Brian Meredith (Locust Grove), 3. Skip Nichols (Albany), 4. Taylor Hull (Winston), ATQ: Ed Clark (Peachtree City).
Morley Company Outlaws:
1. John Holleman (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 2. Riley Halverson (Concord, N.C.), 3. Joey Padgett (Tallahassee, Fla.), 4. Tyler Mosley (McDonough), 5. Madeline Crane (Meansville), 6. Parker Barnes (Alpharetta), 7. Taylor Jorgenson (Stockbridge), 8. Jayme Dickerson (Dawsonville), 9. Dylan Reid (Winston), 10. Mark Younginer (Locust Grove), 11. Amber Fleeman (Dacula), 12. Riley Thornton (Peachtree City).
1. Bill Plemons, Jr. (Greensboro), 2. Skip Nichols (Albany), 3. Ed Clark (Peachtree City), 4. Don Chandler (Macon), 5. Philip Young (Dallas), 6. Mike Kennedy (Alpharetta), 7. Rick Geddes (Newnan).
OCP Angus Farms Pro:
1. Taylor Hull (Winston), 2. Jimmy Henderson (Conyers), 3. Donald McIntosh (Dawsonville), 4. Tyler Lester (Dallas, N.C.), 5. Kyle Plott (Marietta), 6. Will Prance (Canton).
Dixie Home Crafters Semi-Pro:
1. Gregory Lang (Davidson, N.C.), 2. Mike Weed (Franklin), 3. Luke Behnke (Fayetteville), 4. Garrett Smithley (Peachtree City), 5. Mark Swan (Atlanta), 6. Bill Stevenson (McDonough), 7. Chris Bowie (Douglasville), 8. Mark Younginer (Jonesboro), 9. Amber Colvin (Tallahassee, Fla.), 10. Jacob Armstrong (Senoia), 11. Jerry Silvers (Calhoun), 12. Jordan Coker (Powder Springs), 13. William Plemons III (Smyrna).
Marco's Pizza Bandits:
1. Clayton Weatherman (Wentzville, Mo.), 2. Woodrow Mullis (Hoboken), 3. Alton Clark (Newnan), 4. Zachary Leonhardi (Smyrna), 5. Trevor Hawkins (Manassas, Va.), 6. Jensen Jorgensen (Stockbridge), 7. Joshua Hicks (Senoia), 8. Chase Hawkins (Manassas, Va.), 9. Joe Wilder (Marietta), 10. Abigail Marin (Peachtree City), 11. Alex Coffey (McDonough), 12. Ryan Massaro (Gadsen, Ala.), 13. Christopher Tullis (Dacula), 14. Ashton Winger (Fayetteville).