12 Essential Holiday Season Tips for Atlanta Area NASCAR Fans
With the 2015 holiday season in full swing, Atlanta Motor Speedway is offering some essential, need-to-know tidbits to keep the racing fan(s) in the family on the up-and-up heading into the Christmas break and the new year. Behold, in no particular order, the 12 NASCAR tips of Christmas, courtesy of Atlanta Motor Speedway:
1. The 2016 NASCAR weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway is less than three months away. Or to be more precise, race weekend is just 66 days away as of this morning, kicking off with the Active Pest Control Qualifying Day on Friday, Feb. 26.
2. Folds of Honor and QuikTrip return to sponsor the Sprint Cup Series race. For the second straight year, Folds of Honor and QuikTrip are banding together to raise awareness and donations for the Folds of Honor Foundation, established to provide scholarships and assistance to the spouses and children of those killed or disabled in service to America.
3. The AMS holiday ticket offer expires TODAY! For all of you last-minute holiday shoppers, today is the last day to take advantage of one of the best deals in NASCAR! Just $129 gets you two Lower Earnhardt Grandstand tickets to the 2016 Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500, two AMS 1/64-scale diecast cars and one AMS fleece blanket. Visit the AMS ticket office by noon today to score this deal! Or, need a last-minute item for the race fan in the family? The AMS gift shop will be open today until 5 p.m. and tomorrow until 1 p.m.
4. Doubleheader Saturday. Two races; one day; one price. Atlanta features the only same-day NASCAR doubleheader on the entire schedule on Saturday, Feb. 27. The XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series will run back-to-back races that day. And the best part? One ticket gets you into both races. General admission seats are only $40 for a full day of racing.
5. Chase Elliott will make his hometown Sprint Cup Series debut in 2016. By now, you probably already know, but it's worth repeating. Chase Elliott, the son of NASCAR Hall of Famer "Awesome Bill from Dawsonville" Bill Elliott, will make his hometown Sprint Cup Series debut right here at AMS in the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500. Oh, and it'll be in the Hendrick Motorsports No. 24 car made famous by Jeff Gordon. No big deal.
6. No individual ticket to the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 costs more than $99. Seat prices overall for the 2016 Sprint Cup Series race are down 15 percent from the 2015 race, and no grandstand ticket will cost you more than a Benjamin. Seats begin at $39 and won't break your bank.
7. Atlanta will be the first race of 2016 with new, low-downforce aero package. Drivers raved about the new, low-downforce package that was used a couple of times last season. Next season, it will be used full-time at non-restrictor-plate races, Atlanta being the first. The new package provides for better racing, more passing and a race car the driver is forced to manipulate more than ever. This should be fun.
8. The enhanced fan zone debuts at Atlanta in 2016. More space, a better shopping experience and no more waiting in lines just to see the merchandise. That's what's coming to AMS during the 2016 NASCAR weekend for all your favorite-driver gear needs.
9. NASCAR's only Perfect Race Weather Guarantee. Simply put: don't worry about the weather; it's going to be perfect! In fact, we guarantee it. And if it's not, we'll credit you the entire price of your ticket. Here are the details. In the event that the observed high temperature in Hampton, Georgia, the home of AMS, on race day fails to reach at least 50 degrees or if weather forces the postponement of the day's race to a different day and you can't come on the rescheduled date, we'll give you all your money back in the form of a credit, as long as you don't scan your ticket on the day of the race. Simple.
10. The Good, the Better and the Best NASCAR weekend packages. We've put together some stellar new race weekend packages. Catch all three days of racing, plus some sweet add-ons like pre-race pit passes or FanVision scanners, depending on your package. Packages are $79, $139 and $179 respectively and offer a savings of up to $165 off regular prices!
11. Smoke's last race at Atlanta. Another NASCAR great is hanging it up after next season. Tony Stewart, a three-time Atlanta winner, will run his final race at Atlanta in the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500.
12. The Holiday Light Spectacular is open every day through Dec. 30 from 6-10 p.m., except for Christmas Day. Grab the kiddos and pile into the family car! The affordable, family-friendly light show is one of the largest light displays in metro Atlanta and features two miles of dazzling lights, carnival rides and Santa's Village.
NASCAR racing returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway Feb. 26-28, 2016, featuring an XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 27 and the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, Feb. 28. For more information, contact the Atlanta Motor Speedway ticket office at (770) 946-4211, (877) 9-AMS-TIX or visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.