Results from Feature Race Seven of Atlanta Motor Speedway's Winter Flurry Racing Series
The battle for the season points championship in the 2013-2014 Winter Flurry season went under the lights at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the seventh feature race of the season.
Madeline Crane of Meansville captured the Pro Division Winter Flurry championship with her finish in the combined Masters and Pro feature. Crane started from the pole in the combined Masters and Pro Feature and raced to the win.
Don Chandler of Macon added to his lead in the Masters Division as he posted his third feature win of the Winter Flurry series. Mark Swan of Dunwoody finished second and moved into second in the point standings while Don Maness of Duluth placed third.
Taylor Jorgensen of Stockbridge posted the best finish in the combined Semi-Pro and Young Lions feature and now leads the Semi-Pro Division slipping ahead of Aaron Bailey of Burlington, NC into the top spot with one race remaining.
Woodrow Mullis of Hoboken remains perfect in the Winter Flurry series with his seventh consecutive win in the Young Lions Division. Mullis now leads Zach Leonhardi of Cartersville by 21 points. Leonhardi finished second while Dylan Murry of Cumming earned third.
In the Bandits Bandolero feature, Lawson Ingold of Social Circle collected his first win of the Winter Flurry season. Ingold took advantage of a late race caution that pushed Chandler Smith of Talking Rock back in the field. Ingold held the lead over the final few laps for the win. Despite the second place finish, Smith added to his overall points lead in the Bandits division.
A tight battle for the top spot in the Outlaw Bandolero division was blown open by Ashton Winger of Fayetteville in the seventh feature race of Winter Flurry. Winger captured the checkered flag and extended his lead to 59 points over Jensen Jorgensen of Stockbridge. Jorgensen remains in second place after attempting to qualify for the race.
Hayden Swank of Woodstock picked up the win in the Beginner Bandits Bandolero feature. Swank ran away from the field after starting from the pole.
Race seven of the affordable, family-friendly winter racing series Winter Flurry returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway on March 29. Spectators are afforded the opportunity to access the garage area with an infield spectator ticket for just $12 for adults, $5 for children ages six through 11 and is free for children ages five and younger. Driver registration for Winter Flurry is only $25 per race.
For more information, contact the Atlanta Motor Speedway Ticket Office at (770) 946-4211, (877) 9-AMS-TIX or visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
To get behind the wheel and test drive a Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia director Dwight Pilgram at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com.
1. Lawson Ingold (Social Circle), 2. Chandler Smith (Talking Rock), 3. Austin Geer (Johns Creek), 4. Nathan Jackson (McDonough), 5. Ryan Howell (McDonough), 6. Clay Thompson (Powersville), 7. Will McConnell (Dallas), 8. Connor Younginer (Stockbridge)
1. Hayden Swank (Woodstock), 2. Blaise Maddox (Locust Grove), 3. Lexi Gay (Canton), 4. Emily Clanton (Brooks), 5. Ganutt Hudgins (McDonough)
1. Don Chandler (Macon), 2. Mark Swan (Dunwoody), 3. Don Maness (Duluth), 4. Martin Snyder (Ackworth), 5. Robbie Woodall (McDonald), 6. Tony Armbruster (Covington)
1. Ashton Winger (Fayetteville), 2. Chase Purdy (Gallion, AL), 3. Jensen Jorgensen (Stockbridge) (DNS)
1. Madeline Crane (Meansville)
1. Taylor Jorgensen (Stockbridge), 2. Bailey Woodall (McDonough), 3. Miranda Meredith (Locust Grove)
1. Woodrow Mullis (Hoboken), 2. Zach Leonhardi (Cartersville), 3. Dylan Murry (Cumming), 4. Josh Indig (Belle River, CAN), 5. Blake Gaither (Nashville)