Drivers continued to jockey for points and position in week six of the 2014 Winter Flurry series on the 1/4-mile "Thunder Ring" at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
In the combined Masters and Pro feature, Bill Plemons Jr. of Locust Grove started from the pole and raced to the win. Plemmons Jr. has collected wins in all three of the feature races he has competed in during the 2014 Winter Flurry season. Tina Johnson of Senoia finished second in the feature. Despite a fifth place finish, Don Chandler of Macon remains in the top spot in the points standings among Masters competitors after six races.
Madeline Crane of Meansville jumped ahead of Mason Massey of Douglasville in the Pro Division point standings after she notched the best finish among Pro drivers in the combined Masters and Pro feature.
The semi-pro feature saw R.S. Senter pick up his fifth win in as many starts in the 2013-14 Winter Flurry series. Taylor Jorgensen of Stockbridge and Aaron Bailey of Burlington, NC couldn't catch Senter as they finished second and third respectively and are now tied in points for the top spot in the division.
Woodrow Mullis of Hoboken continued his Winter Flurry dominance in the Young Lions division with his sixth consecutive feature win in the series. Mullis picked up the win from the pole as Zach Leonhardi of Cartersville could not catch him from the outside pole with a second place finish.
Ashton Winger of Fayetteville raced to his fifth feature win in the Outlaws Bandolero division and added to his points lead. With just a six point lead over Jensen Jorgensen of Stockbridge entering action, Winger cruised to an easy win after Jorgensen experienced trouble on lap 14 and did not complete the race.
Chandler Smith of Talking Rock had the best starting position in the Bandits Bandolero feature but slipped a few positions early in the race. Smith was able to race his way back to the front of the field over the final laps to pick up the win. Smith, who ranks first in the Bandits division, added to his lead as he was able to hold off Clay Thompson of Powersville and Connor Younginer of Stockbridge for the win.
Hayden Swank of Woodstock captured the checkered flag in the Beginner Bandits feature as he took advantage of a spin by Lexi Gay of Canton in turn four on the final lap. Gay, who led for much of the race, finished second in the feature.
Race seven of the affordable, family-friendly winter racing series Winter Flurry returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway on March 14. Spectators are afforded the opportunity to access the garage area with an infield spectator ticket for just $12 for adults, $5 for children ages six through 11 and is free for children ages five and younger. Driver registration for Winter Flurry is only $25 per race.
For more information, contact the Atlanta Motor Speedway Ticket Office at (770) 946-4211, (877) 9-AMS-TIX or visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
1. Bill Plemons Jr. (Locust Grove), 2. Tina Johnson (Senoia), 3. Robbie Woodall (McDonald), 4. Mark Swan (Dunwoody), 5. Don Chandler (Macon), 6. Mike Kennedy (Alpharetta), 7. Martin Snyder (Ackworth), 8. Tony Armbruster (Covington)
1. Madeline Craine (Meansville)
1. R.S. Senter (Oakwood), 2. Taylor Jorgensen (Stockbridge), 3. Aaron Bailey (Burlington, NC), 4. Bailey Woodall (McDonough), 5. Mike Field (Alpharetta), 6. Steven Partin (Peeples, OH), 7. Miranda Meredith (Locust Grove)
1. Woodrow Mullis (Hoboken), 2. Zach Leonhardi (Cartersville), 3. Dylan Murry (Cumming), 4. Blake Gaither (Nashville)
1. Ashton Winger (Fayetteville), 2. Jensen Jorgensen (Stockbridge)
1. Chandler Smith (Talking Rock), 2. Connor Younginer (Stockbridge), 3. Clay Thompson (Powersville), 3. Connor Younginer (Stockbridge), 4. Lawson Ingold (Social Circle), 5. Will McConnell (Dallas), 6. Ryan Howell (McDonough), 7. Nathan Jackson (McDonough)
1. Hayden Swank (Woodstock), 2. Lexi Gay (Canton), 3. Justin Bowie (Douglasville), 4. Gauntt Hudgins (Savannah)