Results From Week Four Of Thursday Thunder at Atlanta Motor Speedway
More exciting racing and fan-friendly activities took place this week at Thursday Thunder as both new and old drivers competed on Atlanta Motor Speedway's quarter-mile "Thunder Ring."
The Allred Family Dentistry Semi-pro feature race began with Taylor Jorgensen leading the pack. Her lead was short-lived as Hub Talbot quickly took over the lead on the second lap. Coming into turn four Amber Fleeman was tapped by Brett Hardin, detaching Fleeman's rear bumper and sending her to the garage. Mud deposits on turn four brought on a caution during lap eleven. Hub Talbot went on to take the win.
The Pro Challenge drivers returned for a make-up race that had been rained out on June 13th with Joseph Pilato on the pole. After Pilato received a slight tap from Zachary Ayers on lap fourteen they rode bumper-to-bumper the rest of the race with Pilato ultimately finishing first.
Joseph Pilato began the second Pro Challenge race of the night. Zachary Ayers and Osmer Ronnie had friction trying to get ahead, but Pilato came out on top again.
Chase Purdy led the Outlaws feature when the green flag dropped. His lead was quickly lost as Jensen Jorgensen took the lead. Christopher Clanton crept into second on lap six, but was hit by Ashton Winger in lap seven causing him to spin out in turn four. Jensen Jorgensen went on to win.
The combined Pro and Masters feature was led by William Plemons III as it began. Plemons went on to lead the entire race, making it his fifth win. Skip Nichols was the top Masters finisher, with Tina Johnson and Ed Clark close behind.
Payton Ryan led the Fun Junction Young Lions feature to the green flag. Tripp Gerrald slid past Connor Pyle on lap two to take over second place. The front of the field rode bumper-to-bumper until the close-quarters caused Pyle to spin out on lap eleven, signaling a caution. Another caution was brought out on lap fifteen when Dylan Saul got turned around going into turn four. Ryan took the lead after the restart as well as the victory.
Austin Geer started the Bandits feature but soon lost the lead when Lawson Ingold took over on lap two. After intense friction throughout the race, lap nineteen brought out a caution after Clay Thompson spun out on turn one. Zach Leonhardi and Chandler Smith battled for first after the caution, but Smith took over in turn four of the last lap and went on to win.
The race featuring the newest Thursday Thunder drivers in the Beginner Bandits series started off with Ryan Howell in front. Howell and Tristan Meredith bumped going into turn four on lap two, bringing out an early caution. Although he lost control after the restart, Meredith went on to win.
Clay Thompson led the Bandolero checkered flag challenge in a race among Bandolero drivers who have yet to win a feature race at Thursday Thunder. Will McConnell brought out a caution on lap ten after breaking down on the backstretch. Connor Younginer fought to the front and took the lead on the last lap for the win.
In tonight's Legends Checked Flag Challenge, Virginia native Christopher Lilly battled his way through a caution on lap four. Tonight was his first win at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Short-track racing returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday, July 4, with an Independence Day celebration featuring the Papa John's Pizza Fireworks Extravaganza. Come and enjoy the best fireworks show this side of Atlanta at Atlanta Motor Speedway!
Tickets for the affordable, family-friendly racing series costs just $6 for adults, $2 for children ages six through 11 and is free for children ages five and younger. Gates open at 6 p.m., heat races start at 6:15 p.m. and feature races start at approximately 7:30 p.m. For more information, contact the Atlanta Motor Speedway Ticket Office at (770) 946-4211, (877) 9-AMS-TIX or visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com.
To test drive your own Legends machine, or for more information about Legends racing, call Legends of Georgia Director Dwight Pilgrim at (770) 707-2977 or visit www.legendsofga.com.
Allred Family Dentistry Semi-Pro:
1. Hub Talbot (Smyrna) 2. Riley Thornton (Peachtree City) 3. Taylor Jorgensen (Stockbridge) 4. Jeff Holden (Gainesville) 5. Brett Hardin (Acworth) 6. Trevin Aswarnauth (Loganville) 7. Aaron Bailey (Burlingame) 8. Amber Fleeman (Dacula)
Pro Challenge Race (Make-up from 6/13):
1. Joseph Pilato (Birmingham) 2. Zachary Ayers (Marietta) 3. Osmer Ronnie 4. Dawson Gray 5. Jake Farm
Pro Challenge Race:
1. Joseph Pilato (Birmingham) 2. Zachary Ayers (Marietta) 3. Osmer Ronnie 4. Dawson Gay 5. Jake Farm
1. Jensen Jorgensen (Stockbridge) 2. Chase Purdy (Gallion) 3. Joshua Hicks (Senoia) 4. Ashton Winger (Fayetteville) 5. Alton Clark (Newnan) 6. Christopher Clanton (Brooks) 7. Eli Bailey (Johns Creek) 8. Miranda Meredith (Locust Grove)
1. William Plemons III (Smyrna) 2. Madeline Crane (Meansville)
1. Skip Nichols (Albany) 2. Tina Johnson (Senoia) 3. Ed Clark (Peachtree City) 4. Bill Plemons Jr. (Locust Grove) 5. Scott Moseley (McDonough) 6. Mike Kennedy (Alpharetta) 7. Phillip Young (Dallas) 8. Mark Swan (Dunwoody) 9. Brian Weimer (Cumming) 10. Martin Snyder (Ackworth)
1. Payton Ryan (Jonesville) 2. Tripp Gerrald (Lexington) 3. William Byron (Charlotte) 4. Woodrow Mullis (Hoboken) 5.Connor Pyle (Concord) 6. Christopher Lilly (Grottoes) 7. Blake Gaither (Nashville) 8. Dylan Saul (Charlottesville) 9. Alex Coffey (McDonough)
1. Chandler Smith (Talking Rock) 2. Lawson Ingold (Social Circle) 3. Lee Hodges (Lake Park) 4. Zach Leonhardi (Smyrna) 5. Clay Thompson (Powersville) 6. Austin Geer (Johns Creek) 7. Connor Younginer (Stockbridge) 8. Will McConnell (Dallas)
1. Tristan Meredith (Locust Grove) 2. Nathan Jackson (McDonough) 3. Ryan Howell (McDonough) 4. Samuel Oliver (The Rock)
Legends Checkered Flag Challenge:
1. Christopher Lilly (Grottoes) 2. Trevin Aswarnauth (Loganville) 3. Blake Gaither (Nashville) 4. Dyaln Saul (Charlottesville)
Bandolero Checkered Flag Challenge:
1. Conner Younginer (Stockbridge) 2. Lawson Ingold (Social Circle) 3. Clay Thompson (Powersville) 4. Will McConnell (Dallas) 5. Lee Hodges (Lake Park)