O'Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags
O'Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags is a heads up, street-style drag racing series on Atlanta Motor Speedway's eighth-mile pit road. Averaging 225 drag racers and 90 show cars in front of nearly 5,000 fans nightly, O'Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags has become one of the Speedway's most-popular events with local racing enthusiasts.
Anyone with a valid driver's license is able to drag race. In addition to the on-track drag racing action, a Show-N-Shine car show also takes place each Friday night. All vehicles are welcome to enter and awards will be given for the top two finishers in each class.
Spectator entry for O'Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags is just $10. Competitors pay $20 to drag race or enter the Show-N-Shine. A combo-ticket to enter both can be purchased for $30. Outside parking is free or fans can park on the Speedway's infield for just $20 (free for motorcycles). Cards are accepted for payment at the ticket window. Payment at the main infield tunnel is cash only.
Pit gates open at 5:30 p.m. for competitors and grandstand gates open at 6:30 p.m. for fans. Show-N-Shine entries are accepted until 7:20 p.m. and a mandatory drivers meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.
The drag Tech Area will open at 6:00 p.m. and practice runs begin at 6:15 p.m. and run through 8 p.m. Drag racing eliminations begin at approximately 9:09 p.m. and follow O'Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags' nightly Opening Ceremonies.
Please note, without the signed proper release forms, no minors are allowed in the pre-stage/grid area or winner's lanes. Only the driver and one crew member are allowed in winner's lanes.
Show-N-Shine car show judging begins at 6:30 p.m. Entrants interested in participating in the Show-N-Shine Speedway Cruise (around the track) need to return to their vehicles by 8:00 p.m. in order to be lined up and staged. The cruise will begin at approximately 8:05 p.m. Show-N-Shine cruise participants will be displayed on the frontstretch so the fans can take a closer look. Show-N-Shine Awards will take place in the grassy area of the frontstretch starting at around 8:35 p.m.
Smoking is not allowed in the grandstands. Smoking is permitted in designated areas behind the grandstands as well as the infield.
Friday Night Drags FAQs
Atlanta Motor Speedway does not currently have a clear bag policy in place. The only bag policy in place is in regards to cooler size. Coolers must be 14x14x14 or smaller. As always, please allow extra time to enter the gates if you are carrying in a bag or cooler, as all bags are subject to search.
Yes, coolers are allowed. They may be made of any material, as long as they are 14x14x14 or smaller. And please note, no glass is allowed. As always, please allow extra time to enter the gates if you are carrying in a cooler, as all bags are subject to search.
To ensure a positive experience for all guests, we ask pet owners to follow the policies listed below. Guests not adhering to these policies may be requested to board their pets immediately.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and must dispose of their waste properly.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors' space.
- Excessive barking or aggressiveness is not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the garages, grandstands, or any restricted access areas.
- Service animals are welcome throughout the property but must remain leashed or harnessed at all times.
- Guests are required to bring their own pet waste disposal bags.
- Guests may request wheelchair seating to accommodate the service animals safely and comfortably.
Unless you are seated in a grandstand section that is designated as a no-alcohol family section, you are welcome to bring alcoholic beverages. No glass containers are allowed.
Unless competing, golf carts (unless used for pit support), ATVs, hoverboards, bikes, scooters, dirt bikes, and other unlicensed personal vehicles may not be operated on AMS property. Skateboards are prohibited as well. Such vehicles may be impounded at the AMS impound lot located at the Operations Facility.
AMS gladly allows single passenger motorized vehicles for the physically impaired.
Here is the tentative schedule for each night (please remember all events and schedule items are subject to change without notice):
- 5:30 p.m. - Infield tunnel opens for drag racers and Show-N-Shine participants
- 6:00 p.m. - Drag tech and Show-N-Shine open
- 6:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Drag racing practice runs
- 6:30 p.m. - Grandstand gates open to public
- 7:30 p.m. - MANDATORY Show-N-Shine Speedway Cruise safety meeting
- 8:05 p.m. - Show-N-Shine Speedway Cruise begins
- 8:30 p.m. - 8:50 p.m. - Drag racers to the grid gate
- 8:35 p.m. - Show-N-Shine awards
- 9:00 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies
- 9:09 p.m. - Drag racing eliminations begin