|09/28/16||Services For Campers|
Race Weekend Info For Campers
Camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway is a fun and relaxing way to experience a NASCAR race weekend. With more than 10 different campgrounds on property, each one provides a unique setting to enjoy the race from pecan groves to lakes to being just feet from the track. Our level of versatility, beauty, and fun for the whole family is unmatched.
Exterior campgrounds at Atlanta Motor Speedway, except Trackside Terrace, Trackside Turn One, and Club One Camping open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 7. Trackside campgrounds open Monday, March 9 at 10 a.m. Infield campgrounds open Thursday, March 12 at 2 p.m.
Campers need to affix the paper camping pass they receive on the interior of the driver side windshield at the bottom near the dash while affixing the TOW pass sticker to the same location to their tow vehicle. This will help expedite entry into the campground.
In a reserved lot, the paper camping pass will also display the assigned space that the camper should occupy. Please refer to the campground map you received with your tickets for details.
Each campground at Atlanta Motor Speedway has a unique personality. Our Camping Mayors ensure that you enjoy your time in the campground at Atlanta Motor Speedway while serving as the Speedway's point person for information dissemination. The seasoned veterans of the AMS campgrounds can assist with helping solve many issues that may arise during race weekend.
Atlanta Motor Speedway has preferred vendors on property throughout the weekend to help ensure you have a great camping experience. From ice to showers to sewage, we've got you covered.
- The Rinnai Shower Station Camper Bath House: Four (4) free Rinnai Shower Station Camper Bath Houses are located on property to provide showers and restroom facilities. Shower houses are located in the following locations:
- High Speed Corral - Infield
- Flock Brothers Corral - Infield
- Bruton Smith Park - Exterior
- Unreserved Campgrounds - Exterior
Sunnyside RV: If you are having RV troubles or just need some basic servicing while camping with us, please call Sunnyside RV at 770-468-7339.
- RV Dump Stations: Dumping stations can be found in the following locations:
- Exterior: Near the small shower house by the lake.
- Exterior: Service road between Gate 12 and Entrance M.
- Infield: Near the High Speed Corral restrooms.
- Ice Truck: AMS has partnered with Shiver Shack to provide ice service to campgrounds. Truck will make rounds throughout the day; flag them down when you see them. If you're in need of ice and do not see the truck, call 423-967-2037 or 423-366-3076 and provide your campground and space number and they will deliver.
- Trash Service: Just like home, place your trash curbside of your campground before 7 p.m. and Speedway staff will collect your trash each night. Camping Mayors can provide AMS approved garbage bags. Limited cans will be placed throughout the campgrounds.
- RV Water and Sewer Pump Trucks: Out of water or have sewage problems race weekend? We've got you covered with Johnny on the Spot, who can refill your water or pump your RV waste tank. Call 770-382-0770 for service.
We strive to provide a top notch experience at Atlanta Motor Speedway. If you encounter any issues or concerns with your campsite or need additional assistance, contact the AMS Ticket office at 770-946-4211.
Setting Up and Tearing Down Basics
Extend your NASCAR experience by arriving early and staying late when you camp at Atlanta Motor Speedway over race weekend. Campgrounds open as early as a week before the event and you can avoid race traffic by leaving Monday after the race.
Getting Around Property
Atlanta Motor Speedway will be checking credentials at all campgrounds throughout the weekend. Campers need to affix the paper camping pass they receive on the interior of the driver side windshield at the bottom near the dash while affixing the TOW pass sticker to the same location to their tow vehicle. This will help expedite entry into the campground.
Exterior campgrounds, with the exception of Trackside campgrounds, open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 7. Campers purchasing an unreserved space and arriving early should line up near Entrance G to await entry to their campground. All others can report to their space starting the morning of March 7. Trackside Terrace, Trackside Turn One, and Club One campers can begin moving in on Monday, March 9 at 10 a.m.
Infield campgrounds open on Thursday, March 12 at 2 p.m. Infield campers who arrive early and awaiting entrance to the facility should line up in the Orange Parking lot across from the infield tunnel.
Campgrounds close Monday, March 16 at 2 p.m. Infield patrons should be aware that Atlanta Motor Speedway will hold all traffic exiting the infield for one hour following the conclusion of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race on Sunday. Please plan accordingly.