2021 Camping Protocols and Policies
Camping at the racetrack can create memories that can last a lifetime. Before you set up your campsite, take a look at these policies that will help you maximize your weekend getaway at the speedway.
Exterior Campground Operating Times:
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding campground times, please contact our ticket office.
AMS recommends unvaccinated fans wear face masks/coverings.
Yes! Levy will be riding around the campgrounds in golf carts three hours before the gates open, selling ice. Please note: these transactions will be CASHLESS.
United Site Services will be on-site during the Quaker State 400 presented by Walmart weekend. They will be offering RV pumping and water delivery services as well as the option to rent a portable restroom.
To help reduce the temptation to gather and celebrate, the track will ask all campers to adhere to quiet times.
- Family RV campgrounds: 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM
- All other campgrounds: 12:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Be sure to have your tickets/admissions ready upon arrival before entry and pre-screening.
RV, pop-up, and tent campers will be staged to go through a security pre-screening process in the Orange Lot. During this staging period, all guests must remain inside their RV/vehicle.
- Drones (includes any unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Hoverboards, skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades
- Advertising banners
- NO temporary scaffolding is allowed. All ladders and platforms must be permanently attached to vehicles.
- Offensive signs, flags or banners, lewd behavior, and profanity, as determined by AMS in its sole discretion, will not be tolerated. This includes the confederate flag.
- Any other items restricted by local, state, and federal laws.
Additional Camping Policies
Camping Policies for NASCAR Event Weekends.
Campfires on open, unprotected ground are PROHIBITED. Campfires in above-ground containers are allowed in exterior campgrounds. Campfires are PROHIBITED in the infield. Fires underneath awnings, dining canopies, or bonfires will not be allowed. Do not place hot coals in trash cans or dumpsters.
Dumping stations are in the following locations:
• Exterior: Service road “G” in between Unreserved RV and Unreserved Tent camping lots.
• Exterior: Service road “M” between purple and green parking lots.
• Infield: Near the Flock Brothers Corral restrooms.
For safety of all fans, NO golf carts or ATVs are allowed on Speedway grounds. Only purpose-built single person vehicles for handicapped persons will be allowed.
The use of public address systems, bullhorns, and other devices generating excessively loud noise are PROHIBITED at all times. AMS reserves the right to judge what constitutes excessively loud noise levels.
To ensure a positive experience for all guests, we ask pet owners to follow the policies listed below. Guests not adhering to these policies may be requested to board their pets immediately.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and must dispose of their waste properly.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors' space.
- Excessive barking or aggressiveness is not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the garages, grandstands, or any restricted access areas.
- Service animals are welcome throughout the property but must remain leashed or harnessed at all times.
- Guests are required to bring their own pet waste disposal bags.
- Guests may request wheelchair seating to accommodate the service animals safely and comfortably.
• Drones (includes any unmanned aerial vehicles)
• Hoverboards, skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades
• Weapons of any type
• Advertising banners
• NO temporary scaffolding is allowed. All ladders and platforms must be permanently attached to vehicles.
• Offensive signs, flags or banners, lewd behavior and profanity, as determined by AMS in its sole discretion, will not be tolerated.
• Any other items restricted by local, state and federal laws.
There is 24-hour security available. Please do not hesitate to report any disorderly conduct to the campground supervisor or any security official. Fireworks, firearms, or drugs are never allowed on the premises. Security can be reached at 770.707.5015.
AMS recommends all generators have an exhaust flow pipe and be placed on the entry side of the camper. Please show courtesy toward your neighbors in the placement of generators. AMS security or campground officials may ask that you relocate your generator if it disturbs those camping around you. Warning: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is possible with camping equipment. Follow equipment instructions! The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) warns to never run a motor vehicle, generator, or any gasoline-powered engine less than 20 feet from an open window, door, or vent where exhaust can vent into an enclosed area.
Alcohol is permitted, please keep in mind this is a family camping area. Profanity and excessive noise will not be tolerated.
The hours between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM will be the designated quiet hours. Please be courteous to your neighbors and keep music to a level only heard within your campsite.
Additional Infield Camping Policies
Infield Camping Policies for NASCAR Event Weekends
Campfires are PROHIBITED in the infield. Firewood is also not allowed.
Each camping pass must be affixed to the front windshield; if not, the pass will be considered void and confiscated.
The tunnel entrance is located between Turns One and Two and allows access for vehicles up to 14'6" high. The tunnel is open 24hrs/day from 2:00 PM on Thursday – 2:00 PM on Monday (pending weather).
Platforms are allowed in the infield however they must be permanently attached to vehicles. Absolutely no temporary scaffolding is allowed. Platforms cannot be any taller than 10’.
The hours between 12:00 AM (midnight) and 7:00 AM will be the designated quiet hours. Please be courteous to your neighbors and keep music to a level only heard in your site.
Flags above 10' in height must be lowered during ALL on-track activity.